Djabugay Aboriginal Corporations is a not for profit, membership - based, Aboriginal community organisation that provide a range of business activities, products and services on behalf of, and for the interests of the Djabugay people.
Our Six Corporations:
Our Main Business Activities
Djabugay Aboriginal Corporations consist of six related corporations that oversee a range of related program and business activities.
• Financial Management & Grants
• Property Management
• Native Title & Cultural Heritage
• Skill Development
• Culture & Language Promotion
• Development of Nyawarri Estate (Ranger station and Horticulture property)
• Bulmba Indigenous Rangers
The Corporations serve a variety of needs within the Natural Resource & Land Management sectors, Cultural & Language sector and Skill Development, Employment & Engagement sectors.
Our Products and Services
The Corporations currently host two JobActive Programs under the government’s Community Development Program (CDP):
• Indigenous Rangers
• Horticulture & Asset Maintenance
The Corporations also offer Fee for Service provision for a range of Land Management demands including casual labour for weed and pest control, fire control and management, and other land management tasks. We also offer a Fee for Service in regards to Cultural Heritage, including cultural surveys for building works and Welcome to Country proceedings for corporate events.
A key ‘product’ is Djabugay Cultural Heritage, and a range of ‘services and products’ stem from this area:
• Cultural Heritage Fee from Tjapukai Park
• Future Cultural Heritage Fee’s from Operators in Barron Gorge National Park
• A range of Language and Culture Books
Djabugay Aboriginal Corporations is currently developing a number of economic development concepts for further development.